Banner

Banner

Friday 24 February 2017

Tropical World (Millie Marotta)

Happy Friday!

I'm back from my two weeks of silence which I honestly don't have a reason for other than not really picking up a book. However, while I sat on my bed staring at my bookshelf, I realized there's one book I've never talked about that consumed a lot of my time during the summer. The unique thing is that it's a colouring book! Yes I know it's the stereotypical bandwagon to hop onto since everyone and there dog has one, but it is incredible. 


I purchased one of Millie's adult colouring books before my summer co-op placement because I knew that I would be stuck in a small town and alone without any of my friends for three months. That idea was a bit daunting to me, especially since I have anxiety. Being someone with anxiety, I often enjoy hobbies that consume your mind and your time; that's one of the reasons I read and it's one of the reasons I picked up this book. I wanted something to consume time and thoughts whenever I felt homesick.

For the first month of living in a slightly isolated town, I coloured almost every night after getting home from work. Each time I sat down with my box full of pencil crayons and a playlist of relaxing music, I was always finding myself smiling at the creation I was making.The act of planning out a colour scheme and seeing it through to completion was so completely satisfying; I recommend it to everyone! I'm not going to give it a formal rating because I believe that some people wouldn't find this as satisfying as I do, but that's because I'm slightly obsessive and have anxiety. It's designed for people like me.

With all that said, I'd like to end off by sharing some of my favourites that I've completed thus far in my colouring book journey.



Happy Colouring!

No comments:

Post a Comment