Banner

Banner

Friday 3 March 2017

This Is My Genre, Tell Me Yours (Book Tag)




Happy Friday Bookworms
 
I came across this book tag while scrolling through Instagram. I saw Carolyne from Bookish Queen Blog post about doing this tag and thought it sounded interesting! I know I wasn't formally tagged but I like the questions. I tag anyone reading this to post their responses and definitely let me know if you do because I love reading everyone's answers!

The tag was made by TheTattooedBookGeek 


 1. What’s your favorite genre?

My go-to genre will forever and always be Fantasy/Dystopian 

2. Who’s your favorite author from the genre?

I honestly don't know if I can pinpoint just one author out of the bunch! But a few of the names that pop into my mind are... 

Ally Condie - Matched/Crossed/Reached

Jessica Verday - Hollow/Haunted/Hidden

Maggie Stiefvater - Shiver/Linger/Forever

3. What is it about the genre that keeps pulling you back?

 I think for me it's because the books always have the same familiar vibe which makes them feel all connected somehow. It's also nice to pick up a new book knowing that there's going to be something recognizable about it, despite it being new. Also, it doesn't hurt to get lost in another world for a couple hours at a time! 

4. What’s the book that started your love for your favorite genre?

It wasn't just one book that started my love for Fantasy novels, but instead of was a series of seven novels: Harry Potter. I think for most people, the world of fantasy and exploring unique universes with mystical beasts began with those books. It was so unlike anything I had ever read before or had read to me that it made me want to devour more far-off worlds that I hoped could be real one day (without the destructive portions mind you). 
  

5. If you had to recommend at least one book from your favorite genre to a non-reader/someone looking to start reading that genre, what book would you choose and why?

 I would recommend Ally Condie's series that I mentioned above. That trilogy consumed my mind and I couldn't put them down! I gave both Matched and Crossed 5 stars when I read them back in the summer of 2014. Reached I gave a little under 5 stars but only by a small margin. All three had me wanting more from the series - to this day, I still want them to make it into a movie! It was said that Disney bought the rights to the first book before it was released but that was several years ago unfortunately.

  6. Why do you read?

I do so for many reasons. I read because it's a distraction if my mind is running a mile a minute, worrying about things I'm supposed to be doing. I read because it's a great use of time and gives my eyes a break from my computer screen. I read because it helps me sleep at night; the fantasy world gives my mind something to think about besides my endless to-do list. I read because it's a universal, timeless thing that I think everyone should do and keep alive.

 

Never Stop Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment