Banner

Banner

Friday 4 July 2014

Bitterblue (Kristin Cashore)

I'd like to start of firstly by apologizing for the few weeks where I did not post any reviews! I just got back from a vacation where I traveled to England for two and a half weeks. But I'm back and ready to go, so without further ado, let's get reviewing!

As I just mentioned, I recently went to England and of course (for me) a book is a necessary item to bring along for the ride (or flight in this case). A seven to eight hour flight is a very long time, especially if you can't sleep during it. For this journey I brought along the book Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore, which is the sequel to Graceling that I last reviewed.
The Book Cover
Bitterblue closely follows the style of writing that Graceling possessed and very much so remains a fantasy novel. The plot follows the growth of Bitterblue as she learns how to run her kingdom after the distress of the previous novel. The book itself is split into five parts either due to an amount of time passing or because of a new revelation in the plot. I can't mention too much as I liked the component of the unexpected when I read it, and therefore want the same for you!
Alternative Cover
I read this book far too quickly and was left without something to read for the second half of my vacation; I think that proves just how good it was!

I would rate Bitterblue 5/5 because I ABSOLUTELY loved it! Definitely take the time to read this and it's prequel. Also, if you get the chance, try reading Fire (the companion novel) and tell me how it is!

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

Leave a comment with your thoughts on this story or with a suggestion of another book I should read & review!


No comments:

Post a Comment