Banner

Banner

Thursday 15 January 2015

Liebster Award Nomination

Hey there bookworms! :)

I've been blogging for close to a year now and I have enjoyed writing every post that has been published on here. Every time I read a new book and share my own thoughts, I've always wondered if it ever truly reaches people - if people actually read it on the other end - or if it just publishes into thin air. On Tuesday, however, upon returning home from a busy day at work, I log in to find a Liebster Award Nomination from Life As I Know It. The Liebster Award is an award which lets people know about the smaller blogs that are out there with 200 followers/subscribers or less. So with that, I'd like to thank Charly.
The rules are simple:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate another 11 bloggers (with 200 or less followers) and link them
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
5. Notify all nominees by social media/blogs

Questions from Life As I Know It:
1. One place you would absolutely love to visit? 
One place that I would absolutely love to visit someday is New Zealand. I don't care where in New Zealand I go, I just simply want to visit there. If I'm honest, I think it's because of my love for photography, and whenever I think of going there, I know I'd be filled with joy whilst photographing as much as I could.
2. Current favourite song?
This has always been a difficult question for me to answer because I use music as a personal release of emotion; I drown myself in music if I'm feeling sad or even if I'm happy. But, if I truly had to choose a song as my favourite, my current chose would be You Are In Love by Taylor Swift (but that's most because I'm working on my own interpretation on guitar at the moment).
3. Favourite word?
Now that is most certainly a question I have never been asked before. I do really like the word serendipity because it has such a happy and uplifting meaning.
4. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog in March 2014, though it originally started out as a Tumblr page in August 2013.
5. Top way to procrastinate? (Other than blogging!)
My top way to procrastinate would be a tie between Tumblr, YouTube, and my guitar. Oh and books!
6. Sweet or savoury?
Definitely sweet :) I love baking too much!
7.If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
This is probably a less common answer, but Ed Sheeran. I'd just love to have a jam session with him and improve my guitar playing. He truly is an inspiration in my own playing.
8. Favourite season?
As much as I want to say summer, because it's warm and typically there is no school, I do really love the beginning of Autumn. I love the way the leaves turn red, yellow, orange, and brown. I love the way you can be outside in a sweater and jeans, and not feel too cold. I love the smells that come with it as well.
9. Apple or Windows?
I'm an Apple girl! Absolutely love my Macbook!
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years from now I will be one year out of University, hopefully successfully with my Bachelor of Science in Biology. I hope that I am still with my boyfriend and that he too successfully graduated University. I hope to have a job in the field that I want to and that it's everything I imagined. But most importantly, I hope I'm happy (and still reading)!
11. Favourite memory?
Favourite memory eh? That's a tough question! One of the memories that comes to mind is a fairly recent one - from last Winter - in which one of my best friends from home and I entered into the talent contest at our University. She sang and I played guitar. The first stage of the contest was an audition tape that you submitted in hopes of making the Top 20 participants. We filmed and edited a music video to play within our performance of Begin Again by Taylor Swift. We successfully were picked to be in the Top 20, where then the Top 10 were selected based on number of Facebook 'likes'. It was close, but we made it to the live Top 10 round. During the live performance we performed Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran; it was the first time I had truly played guitar in front of an audience of people I did not know. It was thrilling! Performing live was such a rush! Normally I play guitar in my room alone, when no one is around to watch me play; I use it as an emotional escape at times. So performing live was definitely a fantastic moment and one that is amongst some of my fondest memories.
My nominations are:
**(Note: I only actually follow the first blog as of right now. I don't read a lot of other blogs in my spare time *gasp I know* so I decided to go searching the 'blogspot' tag on Tumblr to find some hidden or upcoming gems! Also, I apologize that there are only 9)

Beauty ~ Fashion ~ Lifestyle
Professional Daydreamer
Livin' On Brightside
Erikaawho
We Live & Breathe Words
Sailor Alanah Books
The Travelling Donkey
Love. Eat. Read.
Wearing Wanderlust

My 11 questions for the nominees to answer:

1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. Indoors or outdoors?
3. The last song you listened to? 
4. A place you like to go to think?
5. Favourite thing to bake/cook?
6. Favourite day of the week?
7. A story that always makes you smile when looking back on it?
8. Chocolate or vanilla?
9. A book you never finished and why?
10. A book you will love forever?
11. Something people may not know about you?


Thank you once more to Charly for the nomination!

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I was finally able to reply to this post, I'd love if you checked it out. Thank you for the nomination!
    http://thetravellingdonkey.blogspot.co.nz/
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete