Banner

Banner

Saturday 2 January 2016

12 Bookish Questions

Happy 2016 Everyone!
 To ring in the new year, I thought I'd give you some insight into my life, the books I've read, the books I plan to read and just a general behind-the-scenes of sorts. Enjoy :)
  1. What was the first book you remember reading/being read?

    For someone with a terrible memory, this question becomes quite difficult to answer; however, I did used to have a drawer FULL with Dr. Seuss books such as "Green Egg & Ham" or "Oh The Places You'll Go" as well as some Disney ones. So I guess those would be the first ones I vaguely remember reading or being read.


  2. What is your favorite book of all time?

    This is a tough question as well since I've gone through so many different phases with the books I read. I haven't always been a Science Fiction enthusiast - I used to read a lot of Romance before that. I guess I can always default to "Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban" but if I were to go with a different answer, it would have to be a fairly recent book: "Erobos: It's a Game. It Watches You"

  3. Which book has left the most lasting impression on you?

    One book that definitely had a lasting impression on me, and still does to this day, is "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" as well as it's movie adaption. When I first read that book, I was in a rough place and related to Charlie so much - I felt like an outsider and as though I didn't have a place to fit in. But that book taught me to keep living because there is always a ray of sunshine and a rainbow after a storm.

  4. What books are on your bedside table at the moment?

    I actually have quite a few right now due to Christmas and the upcoming school year (I'm taking an English course). For school I have: "Foundation" by Isaac Asimov, "War of the Worlds" by H.G. Wells, and "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson. From Christmas I have: "In Real Life" by Joey Graceffa and "The Amazing Book is not on Fire" by Dan & Phil.

  5. Name one book/author that you really can't stand?

    If you read the review then you know I truly cannot stand "Room" by Emma Donoghue. The writing style was awful and the plot line was both slow and predictable.


  6. What type of books do you like reading most?

    Currently I am a hardcore Science Fiction lover - that's actually the English course that I am taking this term; I love it that much!

  7. If you were given $30 to spend on a book today, what book would you buy?

    If I was given $30 to spend on a book today, it would be one of the textbooks I need for this term. Lame, I know - but it's the truth!

  8. Where's your favorite place to read?

    When I can, I like to read outside in a comfy chair underneath the clouds with the sound of the birds in the trees. If I can't be outside, then I like to be curled up in some blankets on my bed underneath my fairy lights.


  9. Which character in a book do you think is most like you?

    I've never really thought about this before - especially reading Science Fiction - but if I step out of that genre, I'd have to say Charlie from "Perks of Being a Wallflower." I'm still learning to be comfortable with the person that I am, and I'm still trying to find a good group of people, but I hope for his happy ending. Also, he's a student and I'm a student so there's that.

  10. Which character in a book would you most like to be?

    I would love to be a low-level character from any "Harry Potter" book, but Luna Lovegood would be good. I love the wizarding world JK Rowling created and I wish it was a real place I could go to. Also, Luna Lovegood is such a whimsical person and I wish I had her outgoing and self-loving personality :)

  11. What book do you plan to read next?

    Since I'm starting that Science Fiction course, I will be reading either of those 3 book I mentioned previously - the order will depending on the course outline I receive Monday night! But I will be reading Joey Graceffa's book hopefully along the way too.

  12. Which literary character would you most like to have a 'significant relationship' with?

    This question is a little open ended, so I'm not sure if it is heading towards a romantic relationship or a strong friendship, so I shall cover both! For a romantic relationship, I would like to have one with Chael from "The Bodies We Wear" by Jeyn Roberts; he was so caring and only wanted the best for Faye. I want a relationship that is meaningful, trusting, and you know your significant other has your back. For a non-romantic relationship, I'd love to have a close friendship with Luna Lovegood because I feel like she would have so much insight and wisdom, both for the grounds/castle of Hogwarts and for life's problems in general; I would love to hear her advice to anything you might go through.

Well there we go! A little insight before 2016 really gets underway. As I mentioned in a couple of my answers, I'm back at school which means I'll be busy. I had hoped to read more over the holiday break to line some reviews up, but I didn't actually do that. That means there will be a delay, but I will be back to review the books I read for school, and probably Joey and Dan & Phil's books too.
 
Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

*questions came from HERE

5 comments:

  1. I love reading outside too! A sunny day with a gentle breeze goes perfectly with a good book. I'm 20, and student, and a (very new) book blogger myself. What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for leaving a comment :)
      Welcome to the book blogging community - hope it treats you well.

      I study Biology, but I try to take some different courses for my electives to break up the day and the studying. I'm currently taking Vertebrate Zoology, Microbial Ecology, Evolution, Psychopathology, and Science Fiction.

      What do you study?

      Delete
    2. I've gone the opposite direction and chosen to study history and English, but I try to take some different courses too! Right now I'm taking classes like the modern Middle East and criminal psychology.

      I'm looking forward to becoming more involved in the book blogger world!

      Delete
  2. This is a really cute post! May I post this one on my blog too?
    Anyway, I know how it feels like being busy for school and not being able to reach my reading goal. I don't know if you've ever been in that state before but somehow with me, it seems kind of irritating, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And go for it! I love reading posts like this - you gain insight into the person behind the blog, which is always nice :)

      I'm in that state right now! I want to read books of my choosing, but I have to read those for my course first...along with textbook readings for other courses! It is definitely irritating at times!

      Delete