Banner

Banner

Friday 6 June 2014

Forever (Maggie Stiefvater)

Forever is the third and final book in the Shiver series, and it is definitely by far my favourite of the three! This one is again a supernatural/fantasy romance novel, however it puts less emphasis on the romance between Sam and Grace and more on the wolves' survival; this is probably why it's my favourite.
The Book Cover
Just as the second book does, Forever alternates between the first-person perspectives of Sam, Grace, Isabel, and Cole; there is an addition of Shelby's perspective during the prologue, but that's the only time you get that. I didn't enjoy the four perspectives in the second book, however I didn't mind it too much in this one. It could be that I got used to it or maybe perhaps I was too quick to judge it badly when I first experienced it. All that aside, I definitely enjoyed having the full round of perspectives in this plot.

As I said in the second book's review, I can't talk too much about the plot - or the characters - without giving it away. So I'm not going to talk about plot!

What I will mention instead is my overall feel for this series and what I got out of it. Upon completing the full series, I feel uplifted in a sense. It could be the experiences that the characters face and how they grew from it, or it could be something entirely different, but I just feel grateful...? I'm not even quite sure if that's the word I want to use, but for me personally (having dealt with a lot of barriers to overcome) this book showed me that they can be overcome if you stick with it. I guess the moral of the story was to never give up on hope or the idea of a better future, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

I would rate Forever 5/5 because it was by far my favourite of the three in this trilogy and I was never left bored or wanting more. I was fully satisfied with the story and how it ended!

Definitely take the time to read the full trilogy: Shiver, Linger, and Forever!
The Shiver Trilogy
Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

Leave a comment with your thoughts on this story or with a suggestion of another book I should read & review!

No comments:

Post a Comment