Banner

Banner

Friday 30 May 2014

Linger (Maggie Stiefvater)

Linger is the second novel in the Shiver trilogy and it was just as good as the first one! After 24 hours, I had already finished half of the book and really had to try to pace myself whilst reading the remainder of the story.
The Book Cover
Much like the first, it remains a supernatural/fantasy romance story. The plot itself picks up where the first left off, not losing any pace, and has the same "feel" to it. There is one big difference between the first and this one:
... there are FOUR first-person perspectives. The first two are the same as the first novel, that being Grace and Sam. The third is the perspective of Isabel and the fourth is that of Cole. 
I'm still not too sure how I feel about the four perspectives. In some cases it added to the depth of the story and the emotions, but in other cases I felt lost or confused as to who I was. That second case was even more true in certain chapters when the perspective changed three times in one chapter. This story really begins to show character development amongst all four of the characters.

I can't really talk too much about the plot or the characters without giving away the suspense that I felt. It's a story that you really need to experience for yourself!

I would rate Linger 4.5/5 because I felt that having four first-person perspectives to be a little too much to follow. Of course, as always, that is only my opinion and you might think differently.

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

Leave a comment with your thoughts on this story or with a suggestion of another book I should read & review!

No comments:

Post a Comment