Banner

Banner

Monday 15 February 2016

This or That (Book Tag)

Hello everyone!
Since my reviews are going to be further apart, due to lack of spare reading time, I decided to fill the void with some book tags and questions. 

I saw Sarah from ReadingMyDayAway do this tag and thought it looked fun :)

So on with the questions!
____________________________________________________

Audio or book in hand?

I am most definitely a 'book in hand' kind of person! Nothing beats the feel of the pages between your fingers.

Soft cover or hardback?

I like soft cover when traveling because it doesn't make my bag as heavy, but I do love a hardback book because I love the weight of a book in your hands when reading.

Fiction or nonfiction?

I typically only read fiction novels; if it is nonfiction, it's likely a textbook for school.

Fantasy or real life issues?

I like both. I know that's not how this tag works, but I like both!

Harry Potter or Twilight?

Harry Potter until the very end. Always.

Kindle, iPad, or other?

I don't own any sort of e-reader so it doesn't really apply. I would just have to answer Macbook because occasionally I'll read a PDF version.

Borrow or buy?

I mostly just borrow from the library because my student budget doesn't have the cash to build my own collection... yet! I want to have a bookshelf filled with my favourites one day.

Bookstore or online?

I like traveling to the bookstore and standing there in awe of all the incredible work that people have created. Though the last time I bought a book it was online...I needed it in a hurry for school.

Tell me once or total trilogy?

If the story is good enough... I like a trilogy. But recently I've been trying to move away from series and read 'tell me once' kind of novels; less commitment!

Monster read or short and sweet?

Depending on my schedule, I like a monster read. I love becoming invested in characters, their world, and their story.

Starry eyed romance or action packed?

Why not both? But if I had to pick, I'd prefer action packed because sometimes romance novels just remind me just how single I actually am!   

  Curl up in bed or bathe in the sun?

Curl up in bed! Nothing beats pj's, blankets, and a tea!

Hot chocolate or latte?

Hot chocolate because I don't drink coffee.

Read the review or decide for yourself?

Decide for myself - that's the whole point of this blog! I don't want to agree with everyone else. I want to create my own opinion of a story.
____________________________________________________

And with that last question, thank you for reading this book tag! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit more! 

Until next time,
Happy Reading Bookworms 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kelly,

    Right now, my short story is a single plankton in an ocean of sharp toothed books, but I am hoping that once you and your peers review it, it would amass to much more than that.

    My name is Vanya Ferreira and I am a new author hoping to make a long, productive career out of writing. My short story - "The Story of Lucius Cane" - was published on Amazon seven days ago. It belongs to the dark fantasy genre and it has approximately 7,000 words.

    http://www.amazon.com/Story-Lucius-Cane-Book-One-ebook/dp/B01BMYYVLG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1455272055&sr=1-1&keywords=vanya+ferreira

    Here is the synopsis:

    London, 1794. Lucius Cane, a peculiar vampire, comes upon an opponent the likes of which he has never seen before - a brute with remarkable abilities. But not all is as it seems as their encounter unfolds in a manner that neither of them expected.

    If requested, I can provide the MOBI, ePUB and PDF copy of the story.


    Hoping that it will spark your interest and that is review worthy....

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Sincerely,

    Vanya

    P.S. That profile picture is not me, but my girlfriend's. I am certified male. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanya,

      Thank you for reaching out about your story! It's been a while since I've read a Fantasy genre story and it would most definitely make a nice change (for both me and my readers). The story sounds intriguing.

      I would need a PDF copy since I don't have an e-reader; just my Macbook :) It can be sent to alwayslovee28@gmail.com

      I will let you know that since I'm in school, there will be a delay as I have a backlog of requested reviews. You would be 4th on the list to complete. I hope that's alright!

      Thanks again for reaching out,
      Kelly

      Delete