Banner

Banner

Friday 9 May 2014

Erebos: It's A Game. It Watches You. (Ursula Poznanski)

Erebos: It's A Game. It Watches You.
Where do I even begin with this review? I read this book in less than 24 hours and I'm sat here - having just finished reading it - unsure of what to say other than, WOW! If you haven't read this book before, then you are seriously missing out.
The Book Cover
Erebos is a book that I'm also unsure as to how to classify it. It's not supernatural, although at times it feels as such, and it's not fantasy, but again you could say it has aspects of it; it's a book that stands on it's own as far as I'm concerned. The story follows the life of Nick Dunmore and a mysterious computer game that begins to circle around his school. However this game is not like a normal game as it seems to live, breathe, and think like a human. The virtual world begins to tie itself to the real world, harmless at first but quickly becoming daunting and trying to those who play the game. As the back of the book says, "Erebos watches its players and begins to manipulate their lives in frightening ways. It soon becomes clear the game has a deadly agenda. When Nick sets out on a dangerous mission, reality and the virtual world begin to blur..."

As far as characters in the story go, I can't say that I felt a personal connection to them; however, in the case of this book, that was necessary. The story itself and the game in which the people play was enough to hold my attention completely!

I know this review is short, and I've really only discussed the plot, but you must read this book!

I would rate Erebos 5/5 because it's left me speechless and wanting more!
Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

Leave a comment telling me your thoughts on this book or a suggestion as to what I should read next.

No comments:

Post a Comment