Banner

Banner

Friday 21 March 2014

Allegiant (Veronic Roth)

Allegiant is the third book in the Divergent trilogy, written by Veronica Roth. The book continues to share the same feel as the other two novels, but instead varies in the writing style. For this third book, Veronica Roth wrote the story in alternating, first person perspectives between Beatrice and Four. Whenever I come across books written like this, I am usually quite excited to be able to engross myself even further into the story; however, this time I was cautious. It is not often that you come across a change of writing style part way through a series. Despite my first hesitations though, I did enjoy the change for this portion of the plot, as it did add an additional dynamic.
The Book Cover
The story follows the path and journey of both Beatrice and Four throughout their mission. The book picks up right where it left off from Insurgent and the pace remains quick throughout the entirety of the novel. I struggled immensely to put the book down every night to get some sleep and to not pick it up again right when I woke up the next morning.

The plot line itself is very intriguing and takes many unexpected twists and turns, including some that had me going over the previous two books in my mind as I started to re-think everything I had read. Every chapter forced the characters to push the boundaries in which their choices from the first novel placed them. This theme is one that reflects life quite perfectly. Throughout life, as you grow and develop your character, you face challenges that push what you believe you are capable of; this can be physically, mentally, and even morally.

Overall the book was outstanding and never once left me feeling bored or not intrigued. The only thing that I have bad to say about the book is that it left me bawling my eyes out as the story came to a close. Not many books have the ability to make me cry, but when they do I know the author has successfully written a good book! I won’t give away any spoiler regarding why I was in tears, but I do warn you to prepare yourself for unexpected plot twists.

I would rate Allegiant 4.7/5 because Veronica Roth did NOT let me down on this one (if we don’t take into account the state I was in upon finishing the book). In addition, the overall message of the book was one that struck a chord in me. I think everyone can learn a valuable lesson from reading this series, because I know I did.
The Divergent Trilogy
I hope you read the series and enjoy it as much as I did. Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts on Veronica Roth's trilogy!

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms <3

No comments:

Post a Comment