Banner

Banner

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Hello Bookworms!

Good Morning Bookworm :)

Before I begin this journey that I call a blog, I want to introduce myself and the concept of this blog. My name is Kelly, I'm 19, Canadian, and a University student. I love to read.
This is me :)
There is something very captivating about reading a novel or a series of novels. My mind becomes entirely focused on the world and characters dreamed up by the authors, as soon as I open to the first page. The words fall off the page and into my head, creating beautiful images and worlds in which I wish I could be - most of the time of course - and I think it's a real, powerful thing to be able to accomplish this successfully.

Whenever I begin a new book, I'm always looking for the same three things:
1. A sufficient introduction into the characters mind and life.
2. An understanding of the type of world in which the story will take place.
3. The storyline to begin and to not just be about the first two points; I want the story to trap me in the second I first start reading the words on the page. I don't want just descriptions.

After an author has successfully done those three things, I'm usually trapped in the story and am happy; however, I feel that the novels that grab my attention do a little more than just that. They make me think, reflect, and most importantly they leave me feeling fulfilled. 

With all that said and in mind, it brings me to the point of this blog. I want to provide a space for bookworms like me to come and feel that they can find a book that they know they will be more than satisfied to read. I want you to be able to trust my opinion of the novels I choose to read (and that you suggest to me to read) and to go out and read them.

I hope you choose to join me on my journey of finding known and unknown books that I think everyone should read. I'm hoping to put up a review at least once a month, and hopefully maybe two; that will depend on the amount of work I have with University.

Until the reviews,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworm <3

Note: This begin on Tumblr, so I will be posting them there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment