Banner

Banner

Friday 28 March 2014

The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag (Alan Bradley)

The Weed that Strings the Hangman’s Bag was the second book in the series of six involving the character Flavia de Luce. After reading the first book - The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - and loving it, I was quite excited to start this one because I loved the character Flavia de Luce.
The Book Cover
Upon beginning the novel, I was faced with a little confusion. The story began in such a weird way that I struggled to grasp the plot that was evolving. Once getting on track with the storyline, I was faced with some disappointment. I knew before starting this novel that it was not a sequel but was, however, a continuation of the character and her town.

Despite knowing this concept before starting this novel, I was disappointed by the fact that it was basically the same plot outline, but with different people and a slightly different mystery. This put me off the book and eventually I gave up on the story; I never finished reading it.

I would rate this novel 1/5 because it failed to hold my attention and it was simply a disguised repeat of the previous novel.
*(Despite this low rating, I ask that if you liked the first novel to at least try this one. When reading this novel I was faced with moving to University and perhaps my focus was off therefore making my judgement clouded.)

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment