Banner

Banner

Friday 1 August 2014

Matched (Ally Condie)

Matched is a book that I became aware of via Tumblr (no surprise there!). As I was scrolling through my dashboard, I saw a photo of someone's book haul and was immediately drawn to the cover of the book. I did a little bit of research about the book and discovered that it is the first book in a series of three. When you see all three of the books side-by-side, you are instantly draw in as the cover's themselves tell a story.

Matched is a futuristic story with a very restricted society and way of living. In a certain sense, it reminded me of Divergent: you have Officials who oversee the day-to-day activities and you have your Match Banquet which decides the rest of your life. Apart from that, Matched also stands apart from the other corrupted society novels that I've read. It does have a love story, but that's not the main point. The point of the plot is discovery and pushing the boundaries for knowledge.
The Book Cover
The story follows the life of Cassia, who recently turned seventeen, as she becomes of age for the beginning of her life in the society. In her world, everyone follows the rules and never dares to be different for fear of the consequences that are always certain to follow. However, Cassia - who is faced with a strange happening - begins to question how the society is run and dares to step out of the box. Her character is thrilling because she is in the dark as much as the reader so, as you read the story, you begin to fill her shoes and become engrossed in her world.

Matched - as mentioned at the start - is book one of three. The second novel is entitled Crossed and the third (and final) book is entitled Reached.
The Trilogy
I would rate Matched a perfect score of 5/5 because I honestly couldn't stop reading it! I read the full book in less than 48 hours and was never once disappointed. I can't wait to read the next one!

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

Leave a comment with your thoughts on this story or with a suggestion of another book I should read & review!

If you would like updates for when a new review is posted, check out the Tumblr page

No comments:

Post a Comment