Banner

Banner

Monday 7 April 2014

Champion (Marie Lu)

Champion: the final book in an amazing trilogy! It was everything I could have imagined and so much more than I initially imagined. This book was one that I really struggled to put down. Champion picked up directly where it left off and never lost it’s pace. Marie Lu is definitely an author who knows when it’s time to describe things in detail and when to let the pace of the novel take over from the details. Again, this book alternates between the view points of June and Day. As I have said before, typically I don’t enjoy this but it is definitely essential to this storyline and series.
The Book Cover
I don’t want to spoil any of the storyline as I think it’s important to get right into the novel yourself without trying to see where the story is going. The suspense is an important aspect of this book, and an aspect that Marie Lu uses to the maximum. As I approached the final 40 pages of the book, my heart was being pulled in many directions at once, and my emotions were really being worked on. Again, I was in tears for the majority of the closing of the novel. However, Marie Lu does throw a somewhat nicer plot twist at you towards the end.

As this trilogy entered this third book, I had really begun to feel for the characters and want them to succeed in everything they were accomplishing. Marie Lu definitely made me feel as though I was a part of these characters' lives and the world that they existed in. I admire her writing in this novel.

I would rate Champion 4.8/5 because the story became very well-developed and complex, something that I enjoy. I struggled to predict what the next page would throw at me, and I think that’s important in a book.

Definitely read the full trilogy!

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment