Banner

Banner

Friday 4 April 2014

Prodigy (Marie Lu)

Prodigy is the second book in the Legend trilogy, written by Marie Lu. Much like the first novel in this series, Prodigy has a fast paced plot line and many plot twists throughout. The storyline picks up directly where the previous left off and continues to follow the journey of both June and Day. Again, the author has chosen to alternate perspectives between these two main characters; this adds a great dynamic to the story, especially towards the second half.
The Book Cover
This science fiction novel is definitely one that I failed to pace my reading on and I ended up finishing it within a week. The end of the novel is definitely part of the reason that I finished it so quickly, as I desperately wanted to see a conclusion of the main plot. However, upon finishing Prodigy, I was left in tears. Again, as I always do in my reviews, I will not spoil the reason as to why I was left emotional, but I do warn you to prepare for the plot twist.
This sequel doesn't really show any character development in comparison to the first novel, but towards the end you can see a small shift in there mental state; however, their morals and main personalities remain constant.

I would rate this novel 4.5/5 because it was definitely more developed than the first novel, but there were still a few little moments that lacked something. However, if you enjoyed reading either Divergent or The Hunger Games, you’ll most likely enjoy reading this one as it shares similar aspects to both of those series.

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment