Banner

Banner

Friday 25 April 2014

The Kill Order (James Dashner)

The Kill Order by James Dashner is the prequel novel to The Maze Runner trilogy. This novel is a science fiction, suspense novel that follows the lives of a small group of people who survived the Sun flares; the plot line does not follow their initial struggle as the Sun flares struck, but it does however flashback to that stage of their fight for survival. This story’s main focus is on the aftermath and The Flare.
The Book Cover
Although the story itself was good, I felt like it was written “just because.” Whilst reading the novel, and getting sucked into the story, I was awaiting a conclusion to the survival story of the small group of people that it follows; however I was disappointed. The epilogue itself has no mention of the people in which the story follows - more specifically Deedee - and that bothers me; what is the point of getting attached to characters if they simply vanish into thin air (no pun intended for those who have read the book). I now feel like James Dashner wrote this because he could since there is a decent amount of interest in the trilogy.

Of course, with every review, this is only my opinion! I read some other reviews upon finishing the novel to see what other people thought of the plot, and there was a handful of people who enjoyed the ending. Could I just be picky? Maybe. But that still doesn't change my rating.

I would rate The Kill Order 2.7/5 because of the reasoning stated above. The story itself was good, but the ending was a disappointment and really did not have a conclusion.

Until next time,
Happy Reading Fellow Bookworms :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment